When injured on the job in Texas, you must report your injury to your employer within 30 days from the date of injury. You can lose the right to benefits if this criteria has not been met. Make sure you get a copy of the accident report from your employer the day you report it. This is your documentation that you reported your injury timely. Next you need to fill out an Employee’s Claim for Compensation for a Work-Related Injury (DWC Form-041). This form must be completed and filed with the Division of Workers’ Compensation within 1 year from your date of injury. Sometimes your employer will file this paperwork for you, other times you may need to send in this form yourself. This form can be filled out online through the Division of Workers Comp. To do so, follow this link (here) to find your local field office. The forms may also be mailed to the following address:

Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers’ Compensation
7551 Metro Center Drive, Suite 100 MS-93
Austin, TX, 78744-1645

If you have any questions regarding you work related injury or your rights to benefits, don’t hesitate to contact us. We are here to help.

Longview, TX, USA

Published by Marc Mayfield

Marc Mayfield is board-certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. View more posts