Posted on: January 9, 2019 Posted by: Marc Mayfield Comments: 0
Texas Personal Injury and Estate Planning Attorney Marc Mayfield |
Texas Personal Injury and Estate Planning Attorney Marc Mayfield |

If you or any party involved in a motor vehicle accident are injured, then the first step would be to call 911. Do not attempt to move if unable. Otherwise, here are a few recommendations to assist you though the process.

Do NOT leave the scene of the accident. This is a crime in the State of Texas and would not bode well for you later. If possible, pull your vehicle off the road in a manner that does not obstruct traffic. Once safely parked, check on others involved in the incident and provide aid if possible.

Exchange contact information with all other parties involved. Be sure to take photographs of the scene, and do not forget to get the contact information of any witnesses to the accident.

You will need an accident report for your insurance company. If no authorities have been contacted, then you can reach you local TxDOT at (800) 558-9368. However, if 911 has been contacted then a peace officer will be on scene to write up a report.

After the initial procedures, you will then need to contact your insurance company to ensure proper handling of your vehicle. If you or any party inside your vehicle were injured it may become necessary to contact a personal injury attorney, such as Mayfield Law Office. If you are injured, it is important to seek medical attention promptly after your motor vehicle accident. Time is of the essence.

If you have any questions regarding your automobile accident, we are here to assist you and your loved ones. Contact us today!

For more information, please contact the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles here.